Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy 88th birthday Grandpa BOB!!!!!

A few weeks ago we had the chance to go celebrate my moms dad's 88th birthday with the family. Unfortunately Tom had to work so he couldn't' come. We had a delicious dinner and my cousin Laura Jane made an absolutely wonderful lemon cake that we had with 3 different kinds of sorbet. That is my kind of dessert!

Me, Grandpa Bob (the birthday boy), GiGi


Laura Jane, who made the yuppy birthday cake. If you look closely you will notice that she has a ring on her left hand. Everytime I see her she steals my wedding ring and wears it until I leave to go back home. I almost forgot it last time- Tom would not have been happy! ha

Grandpa Bob has recently started to write short stories about his life that are so fun to read. It's amazing the detail that he can remember and it makes the stories seem so real. I'm so glad that he is writing these stories that we will have them as part of our family history and I hope that he continues to write more so that I can share them with my children someday. (Not for a while - don't worry!) He is an amazing man though, not to mention he gives the best back scratches. It's so much fun whenever we get to spend time with them.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Caity! This means a lot to me that you would talk about Grandpa Bob's birthday and post such nice pictures. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your new posts! All of the pictures are so cute. We love and miss you guys! And we are excited to see you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were supposed to blog quite a bit more often than this for your class..... hmmm.... shall I tell teacher?

    ReplyDelete